Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sharing Resources


     Over the last week and a half now I have been researching early childhood education in England so that I can better understand the culture differences when I speak (hopefully!) with the contacts I am hoping to establish. There is a lot of information out there and it looks completely overwhelming to sort through. However, as in my post from last week I found it easier to view the British Association for Early Childhood Education’s website. If you’d like to visit, simply click on my link; http://www.early-education.org.uk/.
     The focus of the organization is to bring awareness to the importance of early childhood education in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. The organization believes that all children are competent learners from birth and they aim for practitioners to foster loving and caring relationships.  In the policy and issues section of the website the reader see’s “Influencing decision makers!” The organization provides a plethora of education, training, and materials for practitioners and parents to make well thought decisions in regards to voting. For practitioners the organization has a thought out set of standards/principals as well as a code of ethics stance.

     Most of the issues that are being dealt with right now are centered on reform. Although early childhood sees the most changes the United Kingdom started overhauling all education programs in 2008. I did notice that a common trend is the learning approach. It is very family centered and can be compared greatly to the Reggio approach.

               

Resources:

 British Association for Early Childhood Education. http://www.early-education.org.uk/.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    What a fantastic organization. I have not previously heard of them and look forward to learning through you. You said they focus primarily on reform and so I am curious what learning approach they have had and are looking to have in the future? Thank you for your information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested for you to explore the learning approach. I work at a Reggio-based center, and since you said they seem similar, I am excited to learn more. Thanks for your exploration!

    ReplyDelete