Saturday, September 8, 2012

Professionals Across the World

Find professional contacts across the world, how exciting! I decided to attempt to look on my own and I am glad I did. I have contacted Irene Gunning from the Early Childhood Ireland Association and Helen Snow from the British Association for Early Childhood Education. At the current moment I am awaiting a reply from both contact to finalize whether or not this will be possible for either of them. I am interested in learning about their particular approaches in education and care. I am very excited in building a professional relationship with these educators.

The website I choose to look thoroughly at the British Association for Early Childhood Education. The website is as follows; http://www.early-education.org.uk/. The website is pretty similar to NAEYC's. There is a lot of educational tools on the website and free publications professionals can view. There is of course a place for practitioners and other organizations to become members. I plan on subscribing to their version of Young Child. It's pretty exciting, in my opinion.

                                        

2 comments:

  1. I hope your contacts work out for you. I had to do some thinking outside of the box before I found something to work for me.

    I really look forward to your explorations of the British Association for ECE! It should be fascinating to see a website/organization that may be similar to NAEYC's and maybe learn something new.

    Since we have not been classmates before, I took a moment to glance through some of your last posts. Just from a few minutes of reading, I am excited to work with you for this next 8 weeks. I look forward to learning from you and making connections together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole the British Association sound exciting, I love overseas, and I'm looking forward to returning one day back to Asia. I'm sure they have oustanding programs for their children, can't wait to hear about the great programs, and I hope they make the connection with you, and you enjoy the information and piut it to use.

    ReplyDelete